Monday 4 August 2014

The Liebster Awards!

I am fortunate enough to have been nominated three times for the Liebster awards, by Velvet BlushMiss Bella Blogs and The Scientific Beauty. So without further ado...

What is the Liebster Award?
It is an award that is given to a blogger by other bloggers, it is a chain and it is up to you to continue the chain by nominating other bloggers yourself. 
You cannot however nominate the person who nominated you. 
  Who can receive this? 
 Well over time this has been changed, and you now have to forward it on to 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 
  What does it involve? 
  Then you answer the 11 questions set to you by the person who nominated you 
 You then nominate 5-11 blogs and set the questions you would like to ask them

Questions from Velvet Blush:
1. What made you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted a way to talk to other people about things I am interested in, and also I wanted another reason to photograph a lot, and a way to improve my photographs.

2. How long have you been blogging for, and your experience of it so far?
I have been blogging for a few months, however the first time I started I felt like I wasn't totally being myself, and decided to leave it for a while until I knew for certain how I wanted my blog to feel. This time around I have been blogging for 1 month and love where it is going!

3. If you could only wear one beauty product, what would it be?
I'm currently loving Soap and Glory Glow Job, it makes my skin feel nice and moisturised but also gives it a good colour, I hate looking pasty.

4. What do you want to be/did you want to be when you were younger?
When I was little, I really wanted to be a vet, however I am very allergic to animals, so unfortunately it wasn't meant to be!

5. What is your favourite clothing item?
My favourite item of clothing is my Barbour coat, it was the most money I have ever spent on an item of clothing, and I love it to bits!

6. Are you a saver or spender?
I am mostly a spender, although I am now trying to save as my boyfriend and I want to buy a house in the future!

7. What is/was your favourite subject?
IT has always been my favourite! I love technology!

8. What is/was your worst subject?
Maths. I am useless.

9. What is your best characteristic?
I always try to help other people :)

10. How developed are your makeup skills?
They're ok, there are a lot of things I still don't know though, and I am constantly trying to master contouring.

11. Finally, do you have any plans for your blog?
I just want to see how it grows, and constantly hope that other people like reading it!


Questions from Miss Bella Blogs

1. Favourite nail polish - brand and colour?
I'm quite a classic colours person when it comes to nail varnish, one of my long-standing favourites is Rimmel 60 seconds in 320 Rapid Ruby.

2. Favourite makeup brand?
MAC. I have an obsession.

3. Favourite skincare brand?
Clinique.

4. Top 3 favourite beauty products?
Soap and Glory Glow Job, MAC Mineralize Foundation, and MAC Chatterbox lipstick. (A lot of MAC I know!)

5. Favourite clothing item?
As above, my Barbour coat :)

6. Favourite accessory item?
In the summer it has to be my Michael Kors handbag, It's so pretty and woven straw with a white leather bottom and straps.

7. Favourite colour?
I don't really have one, although I wear a lot of black!

8. Favourite thing about blogging?
I am loving how many people I talk to online now, and how friendly everyone is!

9. Best beauty tip?
Drink lots of water, I always know when I haven't drank enough water because the circles under my eyes are darker.

10. Which blogger(s) do you admire/look to for inspiration?
I think every female Beauty Blogger wants to be Zoella!

11. Blush or bronzer?
I'm going to cheat here and say both, I have a lovely Soap and Glory compact (I can't remember what it's called) which has a mix of pinks, bronzers and highlighter - a great all in one!


Questions from the Scientific Beauty

1. Why did you start blogging?
Same as above :) I wanted to talk to people about my passions!

2. High heels or flats?
I love heels, and have a very large collection, however realistically I also fall over a lot, so I should probably say flats!

3. Who would your dream date be with and why?
I could be cheesy and say my boyfriend, or honest and say Jason Statham - there is something about his muscles....

4. What is your guilty pleasure?
I love Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salted Caramel.... if someone would like to give me some now I'm thinking about it that would be great!

5. Girls night out or girls night in?
Most of my friends I go on nights out with are lads, but I do love it when me and my best friend stay in and watch films. Means Girls all the way!

6. Who inspires you the most in life?
I'm not sure to be honest! I'm quite happy being myself.

7. If you could teleport to anywhere in the world right now where would it be?
Columbia. My sister is studying there so it would be nice to go and see her!

8. What is your fondest childhood memory?
I think my fondest childhood memory would be of my first handbag, it was a pink 101 Dalmations bag, which I still have, and I loved it to bits.

9. Which blog do you enjoy reading the most and why?
The first beauty blog I read was Zoella, but since then I just follow lots that I like on bloglovin, so I'm not sure if I have a favourite any more!

10. If you won the lottery what would be the very first thing you bought?
I have wanted a Mulberry handbag for a very long time.... I dream of the Bayswater in Tan!

11.What is your favourite thing about blogging so far?
As above, I have loved meeting new people and making friends!


I am going to nominate:

Grace at One Mulberry Bag
Georgie at Beans Beauty Blog
Kiera at Kiera Louise
Rumbie at Rumbie Love
Seren at Terrible Thrills
Margo at Our Little Luxuries

The questions I have for you to answer are:

  1. What did you start blogging?
  2. If you had to leave the house with only two items of makeup on, what would they be?
  3. What are your top 3 blogs?
  4. What is your favourite summer lipstick?
  5. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
  6. Which is your favourite makeup brand?
  7. What is your favourite type of blog post and why?
  8. What is your favourite book?
  9. If you had a dinner party and could invite 4 people, who would they be and why?
  10. What is your dream handbag?
  11. Where would you like your blog to be this time next year?
Ok, I hope you enjoy the challenge! Let me know when you have posted your answers!
post signature
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Loved reading this post and I think your blog is fab, glad you decided to take it up again!

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Your answers are quite interesting, looking forward to seeing some of your photographs :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Life of Briony. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig